Location of employment
    Maitland Hospital
    State
    NSW
    Last Active
    15th March 2016

Hi New member thread

HI all

I am a "Newbi" and am told you like to hear a bit about members first ?

I have recently worked out how to access these forums and am looking forward to discussions.

My name is Kathy and I am a Clinical Nurse Consultant at Maitland Hospital NSW. I have been a Respiratory Nurse for approx. 15 years. The majority of my experience is related to COPD, Asthma, Bronchiectasis, Cystic Fibrosis Adult care. I have only been a CNC for nearly 3 years. Recently, I completed a 2 year term as District Respiratory Stream Coordinator. My interests are in Pulmonary Rehabilitation.

Already I have a few burning questions for you all....

“Is there a National data setfor Pulmonary Rehabilitation which includes minimum data to be collected?”

i.e. in Pulmonary Rehabilitationis there a minimum data collection used nationally to measure outcomes

example:

6mwt pre and post program

Quality of life

Number assessed for program

Number completed

Some programs may or may not bedoing any of the above. So hoping to create a standard of practice HNELHD.

(PS I follow the Toolkit)

Looking forward to your comments

Regards
    Kathy

Location of employment
    N/A
    State
    N/A
    Last Active
    28th November 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathleen Chapman View Post
    HI all

I am a "Newbi" and am told you like to hear a bit about members first ?

I have recently worked out how to access these forums and am looking forward to discussions.

My name is Kathy and I am a Clinical Nurse Consultant at Maitland Hospital NSW. I have been a Respiratory Nurse for approx. 15 years. The majority of my experience is related to COPD, Asthma, Bronchiectasis, Cystic Fibrosis Adult care. I have only been a CNC for nearly 3 years. Recently, I completed a 2 year term as District Respiratory Stream Coordinator. My interests are in Pulmonary Rehabilitation.

Already I have a few burning questions for you all....

“Is there a National data setfor Pulmonary Rehabilitation which includes minimum data to be collected?”

i.e. in Pulmonary Rehabilitationis there a minimum data collection used nationally to measure outcomes

example:

6mwt pre and post program

Quality of life

Number assessed for program

Number completed

Some programs may or may not bedoing any of the above. So hoping to create a standard of practice HNELHD.

(PS I follow the Toolkit)

Looking forward to your comments

Regards
    Kathy
    Hello
    Have you website like me?